BDI aims to assist wheelchair school children and the housebound mobility disabled (Housebound & Elderly Citizens Online), Veterans with PTSD and their carers to have access to the Internet. They can be better informed about advocacy, home help and in house care and professional services. The members and participants also get ready online access to living skills, support groups, chat groups, online education and leisure activities. We aim to make a difference by helping in-home and bringing the mobility disabled back into the community.
"Internet Empowerment" is a bridge for participants to a better perspective of the community. Beyond Disability Internet program facilitates community participation and self-help education by increasing knowledge and access to resources. Beyond Disability continually works and collaborates with Independence Australia, Local Councils and other organisations. Your support to these organisations will be much appreciated in helping us give back to the community.
- Beyond Disability provides recycled computers and modems to facilitate Internet access and education,
- a web site with details of areas to obtain information
- fosters chat groups and support groups
- brings together those in the community willing to volunteer support either financially or their time
- provides a conduit to help communication with Agencies who by legislation are there to provide a service to their customers
- links to the professional groups that are able to help